Looking to spark up your love life? Look toward your fireplace. Here’s a well known fact; warm lighting, a cozy fire, a blanket, and a glass of wine (or two) creates the perfect combination for a romantic night in. To set the mood this Valentines Day, pretend Thomas Edison never invented the light bulb. Take a trip back in time and rely on the glow of your fireplace to bring the heat.
First things first, dust the cobwebs out of your fireplace and make sure it’s ready to impress. Here are some enlightened decor ideas to rekindle the flame in your fireplace.
1. Make the transition from wood burning to gas. Replace the logs in your fireplace with fiberglass to create a modern and sophisticated atmosphere.
2. OR, be a traditionalist! Keep your logs and make your room as cozy as can be. Add stone around a vintage wood burning fireplace to create an intimate atmosphere. Don’t forget to keep your warm blankets close by.
3. For a more modern look, A multi-dimensional fireplace can brighten up any room.
4. On the contrary, a fireplace built into your entertainment center is both functional and radiant.
5. OR you can make your fireplace the focal point of the room. This will ensure a romantic, incandescent atmosphere.
6. Lastly, if you want a style and design that will rouse your guests, add a tile backsplash behind your fireplace.
Lighting is extremely important when setting a mood. Rely on your fireplace to ignite a spark this Valentine’s Day. Stay in and cuddle up with your loved one in front of a flickering fire that is sure to burn all night long.